- The Alliance Law Chambers Ltd is one of Sri Lankan leading law firms established in Colombo Sri Lanka and London in the UK.
- The Alliance Law Chambers Ltd, assist in the protection, promotion and uplifting of the integrity of the legal profession.
- We promote and stoutly defend the Rule of Law and we offer professional services without any discrimination to both private individuals and corporate organisations.
- We encourage and promote legal knowledge and education in the practice of law.
- Promote the cause of justice worldwide through the development of case law and legislation.
- Disseminate and import these ideals to succeeding generations of the members of the legal profession worldwide.
- We represent matters in Immigration, civil and criminal litigation, intellectual property, and arbitration matters.
- The Alliance Law Chambers Ltd represents a wide range of clients from the UK and Sri Lanka.
- In January 2009, the firm established an office in Colombo, Sri Lanka by Mr M.L. Ranga Perera LLM (UK), PGD-(UK) a prominent Sri Lankan lawyer with an UK-focused practice.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- We represent our clients with Immigration & Asylum following categories of legal issues under General Immigration:
- Asylum, Entry Clearance, EU Residence Applications, Family Reunion applications and appeals
- Judicial Review, assisting those that are here illegally or have overstayed to regularise their stay
- Deportation / Illegal Entry, Discretionary applications made outside the Immigration Rules
- Domestic Violence victims, EEA Association Agreement Applications, Married & Unmarried Partner Concession Application & Appeals, Naturalisation, Port Emergencies, Sponsorship, Spouses & Partners, Students, Travel Document Applications, Human Rights Appeals, Appeals & Judicial Review, Challenging Removals from the UK, Application for General Visitor, Child Visitor and Family Visitor.
- Application for Tier 4 General Student Category, Application for Tier 4 General Child Category.
- Tier 1 (Exceptional talent), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Minister of Religion), Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
- Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer), Tier 5 (Temporary worker – creative and sporting), Tier 5 (Temporary worker – charity workers), Tier 5 (temporary worker – religious workers)
- Tier 5 (Youth mobility schemes), Tier 5 (Temporary worker – international agreement)
- Application for domestic worker in private for households, Applications for contract Sea men employed on a fishing vessel operating in UK territorial waters.
- Application for representatives of overseas business.
- Application for residence documents for European citizens.
- EEA family permits for family members.
- Residence documents for family members.
- Applications for Accession worker card for Bulgarian and Romanian national in the UK.
- Specialists in Points Based System (PBS) Appeals
- Sponsorship Licence Applications on behalf of Employers
- Marriage applications, civil partnership applications, unmarried and same sex partner applications, applications for family members and dependants and visitor applications
- Extension of Leave
- Indefinite Leave to Remain
- All types of Entry Clearance Applications including Sole Representatives and Domestic Workers
- Association Agreement Applications – Particularly under the Ankara Agreement
- Applications under European Union Legislation
- Applications for British Citizenship
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
We represent clients in litigation from trial right through all levels of appeal and has obtained precedent-setting court orders civil, criminal and commercial litigation.
Conveyancing & Notarial Work
We represent on many aspects of Real Estate and Movable Property transactions for foreign and local investors. Conveyancing & Notarial Work includes: Examination of Title for individuals and Banks and other lending institutions, Deeds of Transfer, Lease Agreements; Sale Agreements, Building Contracts; Executors Conveyances; Surrender of Leases,
Corporate & Commercial Law
Corporate and commercial: work includes foreign investment; regulatory approvals; exchange control; joint ventures; technical collaborations; licensing and franchising; investment structuring; private equity and venture capital investments; import-export; securitisations; due diligence; feasibility studies; corporate legal audits; liability analysis and retail and direct marketing.
Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual property: work includes registration, assignment and protection of trademarks; import and export of transgenic patents and designs; prosecution and defending infringement matters pertaining to design, patent and copyright registration and misuse of information.
Company Secretarial Work
As a company secretary of a company we attend Board Meetings, General Meetings, Statutory Registers, Statutory Returns, Registration of companies, Registered office address, Winding up of a company, Corporate Governance.
Mergers and acquisitions: work includes cross-border transactions and M&A.
Work includes formulation of tax strategies; providing tax analysis and solutions in all kinds of tax issues involved in commercial transactions